In case of severe dental pain or traumatic tooth injury, an emergency dental appointment is necessary. Contact our emergency dentist in Etobicoke and let us help you remedy any issues.
Emergency Dental Service with Gentle Care
Like other injuries, most dental injuries can be prevented with safety and precaution. However, dental emergencies can still occur despite our best efforts to protect ourselves. What is important is you know what to do and who to turn to when it happens.
West Etobicoke Dental Centre is always ready to handle all your dental care needs, especially in times of emergency. Equipped with the right resource and expertise, we treat various dental emergency problems associated with severe pain or those that require immediate intervention.
Over the years, the biggest priority in our emergency dental clinic is to provide each of our clients with safe and effective treatment. When you call or visit us for an emergency, you will immediately receive treatment ASAP! The sooner you receive treatment, the easier it is for us to resolve your dental concern and save your tooth.
Our dental health team is fully committed to offering quick, personalized care to dental emergency patients. We strive our best to provide you with immediate treatment to address all dental needs. In case of any dental emergency issues, count on West Etobicoke Dental Centre.
Common Dental Emergencies That Require Immediate Treatment
As a trusted dental clinic, we take pride in providing comprehensive dental care, especially in emergency situations. Whatever emergency dental care needs you may have, our team is ready for you any time, any day.
Here are some of the most common dental emergencies and what you should do in case you experience one:
- Call our emergency dentist and explain your symptoms. We will determine the severity of the problems and if you require immediate treatment.
- Take over-the-counter painkillers, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, to alleviate pain and swelling. Never place the pill inside or on top of the affected tooth.
- Place an ice pack against your face at the location of the toothache.
- Never use a heating pad or other sources of heat to relieve the pain. Heat only worsens pain symptoms.
Chipped or Broken Tooth
- Most often, a chipped or broken tooth can be saved if you follow the proper steps.
- Call our dentist ASAP and explain the cause. We will likely book you immediately to fix the problem.
- For a minor chip or break, our dentist will use a white filling to repair the tooth.
- In case of a seriously broken or chipped tooth, you may require a root canal treatment. In some cases, a crown or cap may be necessary.
Knocked Out Tooth
- It is extremely crucial to act quickly if you have a knocked-out tooth.
- Getting immediate treatment enables our dentist to save your permanent adult tooth. Your tooth is likely to take its root again when placed back in its socket within 10 minutes.
- However, it is unlikely to save it if left out for 2 hours.
- If the tooth looks clean, place it immediately inside its socket. If it is not, place the tooth inside a glass of cold milk.
Other dental emergencies that require immediate treatment include:
Whatever dental emergencies you may have, West Etobicoke Dental Centre is ready to serve. Call us right away at (416) 621-1010 to let us know the problem or visit our emergency dental clinic for immediate treatment.